Friday, June 16, 2006

Karma

Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo: I'm sorry--
Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
Neo: How did you know?
Oracle: Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?

Source: Matrix

hmm.. would he have broken the vase? i wonder, if she hadn't said anything abt the vase he wud not have turned and crashed into it. if she really didn't want him to break the vase she should have told him to stay away from it.

wud it not help to know abt it, if you could stop the action. or is it just karma and it had to happen.. the purpose of the oracle shud have been to help him prevent his karma.

No comments: