Saturday, June 10, 2006

Chick flicks

Can't help being a romantic, can I?

Never Been Kissed (1999)
"That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that that it will go away all at the same time."


When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Can two friends sleep together and still love each other in the morning?

"...And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."


Father of the Bride (1991)
Love is wonderful. Until it happens to your only daughter.
(sure dad would agree to that one)

Frankie and Johnny (1991)
You never choose love. Love chooses you.

Before Sunrise (1995)
When love can come as a complete surprise

"If there's any kind of magic in this world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed, but... who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt."

The Bridges of Madison County (1995)
"And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before."

Meet Joe Black (1998)
"Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. If you don't start with that, what are you going to end up with? Fall head over heels. I say find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. And how do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart."



source: Filmsite

No comments: