Wednesday, August 30, 2006

more Calvin & Hobbes

Calvin: "I'm being educated against my will! My rights are being trampled!"
Hobbes: "Is it a right to remain ignorant?"
Calvin: "I don't know, but I refuse to find out!"

Hobbes: "Did you ask your Mom if you could jump off the roof?"
Calvin: "Questions I know the answers to I don't need to ask, right?"

Calvin
I find it easier to live my life with lowered expectations.
Getting an inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery.

Calvin's excuse for why he didn't read his history text as assigned: "The book publisher didn't use the proper print fixative. Needless to say, when I picked up the book, all the letters slid off the pages and fell on the floor in a heap of gibberish."

Hobbes: "Shouldn't you be doing your homework?"
Calvin: "I'm pretty sure the assignment was optional."
Hobbes: "Denial springs eternal."
Calvin: "It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."

Mrs. Wormwood: "CALVIN, PAY ATTENTION! We're studying GEOGRAPHY! Now What state do you live in?"
Calvin: "Denial."

Calvin: "They say that all the world's a stage. But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is adlibbing his lines."
Hobbes: "Maybe that's why it's so hard to tell if we're living in a tragedy or a farce."
Calvin: "We need more special effects and dance numbers."

No comments: